When you use the internet, whether on a computer, tablet or other device, increase your protection by following these simple tips:
- Always have up-to-date anti-virus software installed on your computer
- Never connect to your bank’s online banking through a public computer
- Remember to log out (close your browser) when you have completed your online banking session
- Create complex passwords and change them frequently
- Never post personal information or your location on social media sites
- Install a firewall, making sure your pop-up blocker is turned on in your internet security options
- Be aware of the people around you when using a public computer; make sure no one is looking over your shoulder
- Make sure your WI-FI network is password protected
- When shopping online, choose credit card over debit card for payment
- Apply software updates as soon as they are released
- When you work on your pc, use the administrative role only when making software changes. The rest of the time, sign in as a user with limited rights.
Watch our presentation on Cyber Security below to learn more tips about protecting yourself online:
Mobile Banking Security
Secure Mobile Registration
- Enrollment in Online Banking is required to access BayCoast Bank Mobile Banking.
- Users use the same established user ID and password for Online Banking.
- BayCoast Bank employees will never have access to the User ID, password, or any security questions and answers.
- Only valid SMS text message codes from phone numbers that have been previously activated will work.The strongest security systems available are used to ensure secure connections.
Lost or Stolen Phone
- Disable mobile banking by logging onto Online Banking and clicking on the Mobile Banking and Alerts navigation tab to deactivate your phone. Contact E-Commerce at 508-675-4404 if you need any assistance.
- Contact your wireless service provider to report stolen/lost phone and have them immediately stop your wireless service.
Helpful Tips to Maintain Your Mobile Security
- Download and apply security updates and patches to your mobile browser when they are made available by your wireless provider. These are designed to provide you with protection from known possible security problems.
- To prevent viruses or other unwanted problems, do not open attachments from unknown or untrustworthy sources.
- Do not install pirated software or software from unknown sources.
- Limit unauthorized access to your cell phone. Do not leave your mobile phone unattended during an open mobile banking session.
- Never save your User ID and Password in the mobile phone, in memos, or anywhere on your device.
- Always remember to log off properly using the “Sign Off” button when you have completed your mobile banking activities.
- Be aware of the potential for fraudulent mobile banking apps.
BayCoast Bank will NEVER ask for account numbers, passwords or other sensitive personal information by email, telephone or any other method. Likewise, you should never send personal information such as account or social security numbers in emails.