Any group or organization seeking support from BayCoast Bank must meet the following standards:
- Be located in a community served by BayCoast Bank
- Submit a formal request through our online application system
- Provide all necessary supporting documentation electronically through the online application system
- Eligible non-profit charitable organizations must provide an IRS determination letter of their 501(c)(3) status, and a current tax-exempt certificate.
- Organizations that do not have 501(c)(3) status should submit a W9 or an equivalent document to confirm the organization’s Tax ID number.
Areas of Giving Interest
In support of our giving philosophy, BayCoast Bank favors proposals from non-profit organizations that:
- Are directly related to education, health and human services, youth programs and community development
- Provide support to at-risk families and individuals in need
- Help enhance educational opportunities for children, ensuring a brighter future regardless of economic status
- Assist with the development of affordable housing including community revitalization and housing preservation
- Assist in promoting financial education and credit-service information to the community
- Produce cost-effective, measurable results
BayCoast does not typically support requests from the following:
- Individuals or families
- Religious organizations, unless the program supports and is open to the community
- Political activities or candidates for political office
- Government activities
- Organizations seeking funding for travel expenses
- Advertising or professional fundraising
- Paid solicitors
BayCoast Bank will not fund organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, family status, receipt of public assistance, or sexual orientation.
Frequency and Amount of Support
Typically, only one charitable gift or sponsorship will be awarded to an organization per calendar year. If renewed funding is desired, the organization must submit a new request each year. Unfortunately, it is not possible for BayCoast Bank to fund every opportunity presented. Submission of an application does not guarantee that a proposal will be approved, or that it will be funded at the level requested.
BayCoast is a substantial contributor to the United Way organizations in our marketplace. Our corporate contribution is made as an unrestricted donation and becomes part of the general pool of funds available to all of the local United Way member agencies. We will take this into consideration when reviewing requests from United Way member agencies.